Every generation takes a fresh look at home design and decoration. Now think about what you might want to do to keep your house looking up to date, whether it’s for your own comfort and enjoyment or because you may want to make it more appealing to millennial buyers someday.
Here are some home amenities millennials can’t live without…
- A walk-in closet — This bedroom feature is something millennials look for in houses and apartments, so embrace the age of excessive online shopping and expand your master bedroom to include a larger closet, or fashion one out of your home’s spare room.
- A balcony or rooftop deck — These can be a lot of fun, and millennials look for them when buying a place. Consider ways to create comfortable living areas throughout your home’s outdoor spaces for your own family and to help buyers envision how they’ll spend time outside with their family and friends.
- A high-speed internet connection — The ability to get online fast is a key amenity millennials require in their living spaces, so make sure your place is outfitted with the latest plug-ins and gadgets to show young people they’ll be connected.
- A convenient washer and dryer — Don’t put your washer and dryer just where you have room — think strategically. Should you have stackables next to the downstairs bathroom? Maybe there’s a room right off the basement. Give some thought to where they’d be convenient and yet not distract from your home design.
- A private gym — Millennials like to work out! Consider carving out a space in your basement or garage to create a comfortable and well-ventilated workout room. If you can, set up a TV so there’s something to watch while you’re on the treadmill.
- An open space — A backyard or courtyard is an outdoor feature that millennials really enjoy, so cultivate and maintain the landscape surrounding your home. Think about sprucing up your plantings and adding a patio with coordinating furniture.
These home amenities millennials can’t live without are excellent ideas not only for your own enjoyment but also for tailoring your house to a larger audience of potential buyers if you’re considering putting it on the market in the foreseeable future. You can offer exactly what millennials are looking, and your single-family home will probably sell in no time. Once you integrate these amenities into your living spaces, and you’ll meanwhile have the pleasure of knowing you’re living in an up-to-date home!