Bobs Homes ~ 6 Tips to prepare your home for sale!
6 Tips to prepare your home for sale… Yes…It’s that time of year again, the 2018 selling season is upon us. If you getting ready to put your home on the market, the task list to prep for the market can seem endless. To make it easy, here’s a home maintenance list for you of the 6 things sellers should do before we put that for sale sign in the ground and follow these 6 Tips to prepare your home for sale!
ON THE OUTSIDE ~ Spruce up the exterior Let’s face it, the exterior of the property is the first thing a buyer will see whether online or driving by. Now is the time to make sure it looks its best. Walk around the entire exterior of the home, and conduct an assessment. Consider pressure washing, painting, having the windows cleaned, cleaning out gutters, trimming back any overgrown or dead landscaping, cleaning the front door and changing out any worn door hardware that may look old and corroded. And make sure the front doorbell actually works!
ON THE INSIDE ~ Remember: Bedrooms should have a neatly made bend and one or two nightstands, a lamp, and a chair if there is room. Place extra dressers in storage because you want to see a lot of floor space in each room.
Follow these tips to make a lasting first impression!
Professionally Check the Home Mechanical systems. Make sure Heat and A/C systems are serviced cleaned and in great working order. Home inspectors will check your home out thoroughly so let’s be prepared.
So, Here are 6 Tips to prepare your home for sale from Bobs Homes !
- PAINT THE WALLS A fresh coat of paint is a cost-effective way to make a place feel new again. But stick with neutral tones like grays and whites.
- CLEAN UP THE BATHROOM Replacing missing tiles and re-caulking moldy areas are must-dos. Small upgrades, like swapping out an old faucet, can brighten up the space.
- UPGRADE THE KITCHEN It is possible to transform a dated space without a complete overhaul. A fresh coat of paint and new hardware will help refresh old cabinets. Peel-and-stick wall tiles, which can be found at home improvement stores for as little as $8 a square foot, make adding a back splash easy on the budget.
- CLEAR THE CLUTTER!. “A good rule of thumb is to get rid of 35-40 percent of your stuff.” This includes books, furniture and the clothes hanging in your closets, and it has the added effect of making small spaces seem bigger. Coffee tables, kitchen counters, windowsills and other surfaces should be cleared of family photos, plants and be sure to put away any personal effects — razors, hair dryers, shampoo bottles, toothbrushes — before showings.
- DO A DEEP CLEANING Wash the windows inside and out and vacuum all floors and dust collecting areas. Kitchen Clean up inside the cabinets, oven and refrigerator too!
- LIGHT IT UP Every room should have at least three points of light. That means a table lamp, a floor lamp and a task light, or an overhead fixture and a couple of table lamps
These are 6 Tips to prepare your home for sale from Bobs Homes to make your home SHINES for the buying public in 2018!
Call for your free Market analysis to find what your home may be worth!
Happy Selling Season!
Bob Idakaar GRI